For personal reference:
My current setup:
- Router has a static IP provided by my ISP
- Router web server is accessible from 192.168.1.1 (home network)
- SSH server box in my home network with a static IP of 192.168.1.130 (home network)
- Router port forwarding is setup to forward router SSH port to my SSH server box (192.168.1.130:22)
- SSH server box is configured to only accept public/private key authentication; password disabled
Reason for access:
I want to be able to access my router web server from outside to configure some settings on the fly, like VPN settings, etc.
- Run the following command:
- Open localhost:8080 to access the router web server.
- That’s it!
If you have any questions or feedback, please reach out @flowerinthenyt.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.