Hi, my name is Chew Esmero and welcome to my blog. That’s me on the right, by the way. At the moment, I work as CTO at a startup called Alphaus Cloud. I live in Japan with my wife (also in the picture). I love reading, especially high fantasy with very interesting magic systems. I also like music. I play a couple of instruments (bass, guitar, piano, and drums) although I’m not very good at any of them.
Also, why Flowerinthenight? Good question. If you are thinking about Flowerinthenight, the princess from Diana Wynne Jones’ Castle In The Air, then you are right. Anyway, it goes without saying that she is one of my favorite book characters of all time. Seriously, I can’t think of any other princess with a name as fantastic as hers.
- CTO, 2017-present | Alphaus Cloud, Japan
- Product/technology strategy, engineering management, recruitment
- Overall architecture design, CIO hat, engineering processes
- FinOps, Multicloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Senior Software Engineer, 2016-2017 | TeraRecon, Inc.
- Image processing, 2D/3D rendering (C#, C, C++, DICOM)
- Microservices (Go, .NET Core, Service Fabric)
- Engineer, 2008-2016 | IBM -> Lenovo
- Device driver development (WDM, KMDF, UMDF, Linux, Android)
- BIOS development (C, x86 ASM)
- Video, audio related development (DirectShow, Media Foundation, OpenCV, DirectX, Intel IPP)
- Windows development (Win32, MFC, COM, .NET, UWP)
- Android development (framework level, JNI, C++)
- Embedded systems
- And many others (mostly C/C++)…
- English - proficient
- Japanese - conversational
- Mobingi’s tech blog that I maintain as well (a bit outdated)
- Docker logging presentation at Tokyo Mastercloud