Hi, my name is Chew and welcome to my blog. That’s me on the right, by the way. At the moment, I work as Head of Engineering at a startup called Mobingi. I live in Japan with my wife (also in the picture). I love reading, especially high fantasy with very interesting magic systems. I also like music. I play a couple of instruments (bass, guitar, piano, and drums) although I’m not very good at any of them.
Also, why Flowerinthenight? Good question. If you are thinking about Flowerinthenight, the princess from Diana Wynne Jones’ Castle In The Air, then you are right. Anyway, it goes without saying that she is one of my favorite book characters of all time. Seriously, I can’t think of any other princess with a name as fantastic as hers.
- Head of Engineering, 2017-present | Mobingi, Japan
- Acting CTO, overall architecture design, engineering management, recruitment
- Go (golang), Microservices, DevOps, Docker, Kubernetes
- Multicloud (AWS, GCP, Azure, AlibabaCloud/SBCloud)
- Senior Software Engineer, 2016-2017 | TeraRecon, Inc.
- Image processing, 2D/3D rendering (C#, C, C++, DICOM)
- Microservices (Go, .NET Core, Service Fabric)
- Software Engineer, 2008-2016 | IBM/Lenovo
- Device driver development (WDM, KMDF, UMDF, Linux)
- BIOS development (C, x86 ASM)
- Video, camera, audio related development (DirectShow, Media Foundation, OpenCV, DirectX)
- Windows development (Win32, MFC, COM, .NET, UWP)
- Android development (framework level, JNI, C++)
- Embedded systems
- Others (mostly C/C++)…
- English - proficient
- Japanese - conversational
BS in Computer Engineering | 2000-2005